Sarcopenia & Impaired Mobility
Chairs: R Rizzoli and C Cooper
Members: G Adib, N Binkley, ML Brandi, O Bruyere, D Chan, R Chapurlat, T Chevalley, P Clark, B Dawson-Hughes, E Dennison, A El Maghraoui, K Engelke, R Fielding, J Foldes, G Guglielmi, N Harvey, JA Kanis, JM Kaufman, B Larijani, W Lems, G Lyritis, S Maggi, L Masi, OD Messina, A Papaioannou, JY Reginster, P Szulc, L van Loon.
- Review the different definitions of sarcopenia, the aetiology and assessment in elderly.
- Produce a consensus paper on the impact of sarcopenia on physical activity and falls and the role of nutrients, alone or as adjuvant to exercise, in sarcopenia.
- Produce a patient leaflet on the role and benefits of nutrition and mobility intervention for wide distribution (this brochure will be a simplified version of the paper).
- Produce a slide kit for health care professionals based on the paper.
- Group 1: Efficacy of nutritional intervention on sarcopenia
- Group 2: Comparison of available guidelines on nutritional management of sarcopenia
- Group 3: Efficacy of physical activity on sarcopenia
- Group 4: Comparison of available guidelines on physical exercise management of sarcopenia
- Group 5: Interaction between nutrition and exercise on sarcopenia
Beaudart, C., et al., Nutrition and physical activity in the prevention and treatment of sarcopenia: systematic review. Osteoporos Int, 2017. 28(6): p. 1817-1833