Announcing the top-cited reviews in Calcified Tissue International
Calcified Tissue International has announced the 10 most oft-cited review papers published in the journal in 2021-2022. The comprehensive and insightful reviews, authored by leading experts, cover a broad range of hot topics within the bone and muscle field. The journal editors, Professor René Rizzoli and Professor Stuart Ralston, congratulated the authors of the reviews, who each received Certificates of Publishing Excellence:
“We sincerely thank the authors for their high-quality reviews which have contributed to the journal’s increasing impact factor and status as a leading platform for state-of-the-art original research and authoritative reviews.”
We invite you to read, cite and share these high-impact papers (all either open access or freely accessible until April 28, 2023):
- Rolvien, T., Amling, M. Disuse Osteoporosis: Clinical and Mechanistic Insights. Calcif Tissue Int 110, 592–604 (2022).
- Hampson, G., et al. Diagnosis and Management of Osteoporosis During COVID-19: Systematic Review and Practical Guidance. Calcif Tissue Int 109, 351–362 (2021).
- Carrillo-López, N., et al. Role of the RANK/RANKL/OPG and Wnt/β-Catenin Systems in CKD Bone and Cardiovascular Disorders. Tissue Int 108, 439–451 (2021).
- Paccou, J., et al. Bariatric Surgery and Osteoporosis. Calcif Tissue Int 110, 576–591 (2022).
- Van Heghe, A., et al. Effects of Orthogeriatric Care Models on Outcomes of Hip Fracture Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Calcif Tissue Int 110, 162–184 (2022).
- Brent, M.B., et al. A Systematic Review of Animal Models of Disuse-Induced Bone Loss. Calcif Tissue Int 108, 561–575 (2021).
- Chatzipetrou, V., et al. Sarcopenia in Chronic Kidney Disease: A Scoping Review of Prevalence, Risk Factors, Association with Outcomes, and Treatment. Calcif Tissue Int 110, 1–31 (2022).
- Leal, D.V., et al. Muscle-Bone Crosstalk in Chronic Kidney Disease: The Potential Modulatory Effects of Exercise. Calcif Tissue Int 108, 461–475 (2021).
- Mäkitie, O., Zillikens, M.C. Early-Onset Osteoporosis. Calcif Tissue Int 110, 546–561 (2022).
- Hardcastle, S.A. Pregnancy and Lactation Associated Osteoporosis. Calcif Tissue Int 110, 531–545 (2022).
About Calcified Tissue International & Musculoskeletal Research
Calcified Tissue International & Musculoskeletal Research is a peer-reviewed journal which publishes original preclinical, translational and clinical research, and reviews concerning the structure and function of bone, and other musculoskeletal tissues in living organisms, as well as clinical studies of musculoskeletal disease. It includes studies of cell biology, molecular biology, intracellular signalling, and physiology, as well as research into the hormones, cytokines and other mediators that influence the musculoskeletal system. The journal also publishes clinical studies of relevance to bone disease, mineral metabolism, muscle function, and musculoskeletal interactions.
2021 Impact Factor: 4.000, 5-Year Impact Factor: 4.227
Editors in Chief: Stuart Ralston and René Rizzoli; Musculoskeletal Research Section Editor: Roger Fielding
The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is the world's largest nongovernmental organization dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal diseases. IOF members, including committees of scientific researchers as well as more than 310 patient, medical and research organizations, work together to make fracture prevention and healthy mobility a worldwide heath care priority. https://www.osteoporosis.foundation @iofbonehealth