The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is the world's largest non-governmental organization dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal diseases. IOF members, including committees of scientific researchers, leading companies, as well as more than 260 patient, medical and research societies in 100 countries, work together to make bone, joint and muscle health a worldwide heath care priority.
IOF is looking for a Medical Advisor Consultant in the Science Team. It is a 50% position.
Provide strategic advice and expertise to IOF on bone scientific and policy issues including clinical, epidemiology and public health issues. Oversee the effective implementation of the organization’s activities in these areas.
- Working with the CEO and the chair of the Committee of Scientific Advisors in collaboration with the staff, Board, member organizations and other stakeholders, provide leadership on implementation of strategic objectives around bone science and policy including health systems implementation and integration across regions.
- Ensure that the science basis for all IOF activities and communication materials is valid.
- Oversee the IOF’s involvement in all funded projects and in the overall advocacy work with WHO to ensure that all policy goals and special projects have a strong evidence base.
- Provide expertise and support to the CEO, Board and IOF organization as well as leading opinion leaders in the bone field and public health arena to prepare appropriate IOF statements and ensure consensus is achieved.
- A MD or equivalent degree in one of the disciplines relevant to bone science.
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ job experience in bone science including clinical experience as well as public health experience.
- Knowledge of the major issues and concerns in biomedical, clinical and epidemiological science related to bone health and health policy, with a strong understanding of public health issues related to bone health, risk factors and health promotion and a broad understanding of the commonalities across NCDs.
- Experience in medical, epidemiological and/or behavioral research studies, preferably in multi-country settings.
- Ability to interact with all levels of IOF staff, volunteers, members and partners.
- Excellent English written and oral, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated organizational/operational skills.
- Problem solving and political acumen.
- Fluency in English and at least one other WHO language
- Reports to the IOF Chief Executive Officer
What IOF offers:
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
- IOF is an equal opportunity employer.
- An innovative and stimulating atmosphere in a multicultural environment.
Duration of post: 50%
Place of work: Nyon, Switzerland
Starting date: Q2 2021
Candidates are requested to:
• Attach a full Curriculum Vitae and a letter of intent;
• Provide the names and contact details for three references.
If you are interested in this exciting job opportunity, we invite you to send your application to Caroline Coolen, COO, at Caroline.firstname.lastname@example.org