CHEESE AND BROCCOLI
Recommended Daily intake of calcium
- 8 large eggs
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 300 g/2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Pepper to taste
- 50 g / ca. 1/2 cup shredded cheese - for e.g.aged Cheddar or Gruyère
- Separate 4 of the eggs, putting the whites into a bowl (discard the yolks). Add the 4 whole eggs and 2 tablespoons of water to the whites and whisk well.
- Boil or steam the broccoli until just slightly soft.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet/frying pan heat the oil at medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet covering them evenly. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let cook until the egg mixture is firm around the edges but slightly liquid in the middle, about 7-8 minutes.
- Preheat the oven, on broil.
- Once ready, sprinkle with the cheese. Place the skillet under the broiler until the surface is set and golden braown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the frittata into 8 wedges. Serve with green or mixed salad.