Bone and Cancer
Chair: R Rizzoli
Members: E Biver, JJ Body, ML Brandi, C Campusano, J Cannata-Andia, M Chakhtoura, C Confavreux, P Ebeling, G El Hajj Fuleihan, A El Maghraoui, J Foldes, C Glüer, G Guglielmi, P Hadji, G Holzer, D Kendler, N Napoli, A Papaioannou, T de Villiers.
To define and assess the effects on bones following a cancer or cancer treatment.
- Update of the paper on Management of Aromatase Inhibitor-Associated Bone Loss (AIBL) in postmenopausal women with hormone sensitive breast cancer
- Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)
- Discontinuation of Denosumab in women with breast cancer
Kendler, D.L., et al. Osteoporosis management in hematologic stem cell transplant recipients: Executive summary.
J Bone Oncol . 2021 23;28:100361.
- Marcucci, G., et al., Bone health in childhood cancer: review of the literature and recommendations for the management of bone health in childhood cancer survivors. Ann Oncol, 2019. 30(6): p. 908-920.
- Kendler, D.L., et al., Bone management in hematologic stem cell transplant recipients. Osteoporos Int, 2018. 29(12): p. 2597-2610.
- Cianferotti, L., et al., The prevention of fragility fractures in patients with non-metastatic prostate cancer: a position statement by the international osteoporosis foundation. Oncotarget, 2017. 8(43): p. 75646-75663.
- Hadji, P., et al., Management of Aromatase Inhibitor-Associated Bone Loss (AIBL) in postmenopausal women with hormone sensitive breast cancer: Joint position statement of the IOF, CABS, ECTS, IEG, ESCEO IMS, and SIOG.
J Bone Oncol, 2017. 7: p. 1-12.
- Rizzoli, R., et al., Cancer-associated bone disease. Osteoporos Int, 2013. 24(12): p. 2929-53.